ABOUT THE COMPANY
Dante Valve is a family owned company that manufactures valves for military and industrial applications. We have been in business for over 50 years, and our work is driven by our values of Quality, Responsibility and Service. We offer a competitive salary and opportunity for growth along with excellent benefits including 401(k), profit sharing plan, medical & dental, paid holidays, vacation plan and sick leave. Our employees are our most treasured asset and in addition to offering a generous compensation and benefits package, we work hard to build a culture of caring, respect, and appreciation for all that they do.
The Accounting Clerk will work as part of the accounting team to keep financial records updated, prepare reports, reconcile bank statements and run accounting software to process business transactions, like accounts receivable and payable, disbursements, expense vouchers, invoices and receipts. Additionally, the Accounting Clerk will assist the Bookkeeper in day to day functions involving the Accounting department.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Provide customer service with collection issues, process refunds, review account adjustments and resolve client discrepancies.
- Process sales and vendor invoices for payment and issue vendor checks for payment.
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Compile, sort, distribute and match invoices to work orders.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data.
- Record vendor charges and refunds.
- Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits.
- Reconcile the A/R ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients.
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status.
- Assist in other work areas and perform all other related duties, as needed and directed.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certification, Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting a plus.
- Work History: 1-2 years’ experience in a comparable position.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must possess keen attention to detail with an ability to spot errors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and across all levels of organization.
- Possess a working knowledge of adding machines, calculators, database workbooks and banking equipment.
- Possess strong time management skills including deadline prioritization of multiple projects with real-time timeliness for assignments.
- Ability to work with varying seniority levels, including staff, managers and external partners.
- Able to handle extremely confidential and sensitive information.
- Must be able to pass a thorough background check including a drug screen.
- Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- E-Verify Employer
- Job Type: Full Time