ABOUT THE COMPANY
Dante Valve is a family owned company that manufactures valves for military and industrial applications. We have been in business for 60 years and our work is driven by our values of Quality, Responsibility and Service. We offer a competitive salary and opportunity for growth along with excellent benefits including 401(k), profit sharing plan, medical & dental, paid holidays, vacation plan and sick leave. Our employees are our most treasured asset and in addition to offering a generous compensation and benefits package, we work hard to build a culture of caring, respect and appreciation for all that they doOur employees are our most treasured asset and in addition to offering a generous compensation and benefit package, we work hard to build a culture of caring, respect and appreciation for all that they do.
The Contract Administrator will administer, extend, negotiate and terminate standard and nonstandard contracts. Additionally, the Contract Administrator will prepare contract proposals, negotiate contracts and be responsible for contract administration and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements and customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Examine estimates of materials, costs, performance requirements and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare contract bids. Process specification, progress and other reports. Compile and analyze data and maintain historical information.
- Identify and resolve contractual issues and respond to a variety of complex inquiries while providing solutions. Be prepared to explain terms and conditions to managers and interested parties.
- Provide contract summaries and ensure contract execution in accordance with company policy.
- Coordinate and develop simple and complex proposals for new business and repeat items. Meet all requirements for all proposal submissions.
- Communicate with shipping department on schedule for outgoing shipments.
- Ensure all deadlines and conditions described on contracts are met.
- Monitor online portals for opportunities. Assess and suggest opportunities for bidding.
- Review contracts received from customers and coordinate company responses to inquiries to remain in compliance with contracts. Manage and track compliance for contract requirements.
- Prepare software submittals, identify pre-shipment functional testing needs and submit software to customers in accordance with contract.
- Maintain database of contract due dates and coordinate with production department to ensure dates are met. Review correspondences concerning contracts and respond as necessary.
- Review government specifications to ensure compliance.
- Assist with other work areas and perform all other related duties as needed and directed.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED. Degree in Business Administration or related field a plus.
- Work History: 3-5 years’ experience in an administrative support setting working with Department of Defense contracts, Primary Customer contracts and other contract types.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of DFAR and FAR.
- MIL-STD-2073 and MIL-STD-129 knowledge a plus.
- Working knowledge of DIBBS, FEDBIZOPPS, NECO, WAWF, and VSM.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and across all levels of organization.
- Keen attention to detail with an ability to spot errors.
- Ability to work with varying seniority levels, including staff, managers and external partners.
- Self-starter with excellent time management and project management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to pass a thorough background check including a drug screen.
- Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- E-Verify Employer
- Job Type: Full Time
- Position is at our Long Beach, CA location