ABOUT THE COMPANY
Dante Valve is a family owned company that manufactures valves for military and industrial applications. We have been in business for 60 years and our work is driven by our values of Quality, Responsibility and Service. We offer a competitive salary and opportunity for growth along with excellent benefits including 401(k), profit sharing plan, medical & dental, paid holidays, vacation plan and sick leave. Our employees are our most treasured asset and in addition to offering a generous compensation and benefit package, we work hard to build a culture of caring, respect and appreciation for all that they do.
The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties including, but not limited to, benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, reporting and compliance.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Analyzes, improves, and implements human resources programs, processes, and policies including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations; completing personnel transactions.
• Manages and coordinates recruitment and onboarding process for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, including position posting, reviewing resumes, conducting initial phone screens, coordinating interviews, managing pre-employment process, conducting new-employee orientations, and ensuring proper paperwork completion.
• Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
• Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and resolving problems and potential risks, appropriately and timely addressing employee relations, coaching and counseling management and employees, managing performance management process, engaging outside counsel as needed and completing employment surveys and exit interviews.
• Maintains human resource information including employee files, organization charts, job descriptions, compliance reporting, personnel reports and analytics, HRIS and compiles other reports as requested or necessary.
• Stays current in knowledge, understanding, and awareness of federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Work with leadership on employee engagement and retention strategies, team-building, recognition, and company communications.
• Respond to and monitor all unemployment and worker’s compensation claims.
• Assist in other work areas and perform all other related duties, as needed and directed
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Work History: 4+ years’ experience in a human resource position.
• Must be familiar with current Federal labor laws and the state labor laws in California and Virginia.
• SHRM or HRCI certification preferred
• Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
• Excellent organizational, written and oral skills.
• Self-motivated, detail oriented individual capable of working with minimal supervision.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to handle sensitive employee information in a confidential manner.
• Fluency in English and Spanish is a plus.
• Must be able to pass a thorough background check including a drug screen.
• Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
• E-Verify Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Long Beach, CA