ABOUT THE COMPANY
Dante Valve is a family owned company that manufactures valves for military and industrial applications. We have been in business for over 50 years, and our work is driven by our values of Quality, Responsibility and Service. We offer a competitive salary and opportunity for growth along with excellent benefits including 401(k), profit sharing plan, medical & dental, paid holidays, vacation plan and sick leave. Our employees are our most treasured asset and in addition to offering a generous compensation and benefit package, we work hard to build a culture of caring, respect and appreciation for all that they do.
The Manual Machinist will under minimal supervision set up and operate manually controlled machines in skilled precision and bench work in the fabrication, maintenance, repair and alteration of machinery, machine parts, tools and equipment.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Use precision tools, machinery and equipment such as lathe, vertical milling machine, drill press, hydraulic press, chop saw, band saw, push and pull broaches and a variety of cutting tools and equipment.
• Fabricate and shape parts such as tools and machine parts out of metal, plastics and composites.
• Properly and safely select, align, secure and remove holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines.
• Use gauges and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements.
• Recognize, deploy and properly use inserts, fixtures and tooling.
• Evaluate experimental procedures and recommend changes or modifications for efficiency and adaptability to setup and production.
• Read and interpret blueprints.
• Perform all tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
• Perform daily regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on machinery and equipment.
• Comply with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions.
• Assist in other work areas and perform all other related duties, as needed and directed.
• Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
• Work History: Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
• Ability to perform basic math computations. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to move or transfer products with an overhead crane. Ability to lift 50 lbs. when required.
• May be required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
• Must have general knowledge of:
- Estimating time and materials for machine jobs.
- Metals and the quality and machinability and uses of metals.
- Machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Design techniques, tools and principals involved in the production of precision technical plans and drawings.
• Must be able to pass a thorough background check including a drug screen.
• Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
• E-Verify Employer.
Job Type: Full Time
Job is at our CA location