ABOUT THE COMPANY
Dante Valve is a family owned company that manufactures valves for military and industrial applications. We have been in business for 60 years and our work is driven by our values of Quality, Responsibility and Service. We offer a competitive salary and opportunity for growth along with excellent benefits including 401(k), profit sharing plan, medical & dental, paid holidays, vacation plan and sick leave. Our employees are our most treasured asset and in addition to offering a generous compensation and benefit package, we work hard to build a culture of caring, respect and appreciation for all that they do.
The Quality Manager will take responsibility to plan, direct and coordinate quality assurance programs and quality control policies. Additionally, the Quality Manager will ensure that products meet specifications and customer requirements and drive improvement in organizational efficiency and profitability by reducing waste.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Regularly assess and proactively address processes and staff for potential non-conformance to standards, safety risks, financial impacts or other areas for improvement and make recommendations for resolution.
- Contribute quality information and recommendations to strategic plans; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends; coordinate and communicate effectively with other departments and locations.
- Evaluate, update and maintain Quality manuals, procedures, work instructions and provide training to ensure employee conformance to company-wide standards and customer requirements.
- Confirm adherence to established procedures, manuals and specifications to ensure clear and concise purchase orders, supplier education and supplier resolutions.
- Ensure final review of all outgoing products for possible defects, non-conformances and accuracy of accompanying documentation.
- Ensure manufacturing has access to all essential gaging, documentation, drawings, specifications and all other essentials to produce an on time and customer conforming product.
- Calibration for all measuring and test equipment utilized in manufacturing and inspection.
- Lead in-house and supplier audits for control of possible non-conforming product for proper and timely disposition and assurance of non-product usage prior to disposition.
- Manage and lead direct reports from all locations by providing timely guidance, training, evaluations and feedback while also coordinating, scheduling and carrying out other supervisory responsibilities with Human Resources and Senior Management in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Must have 5+ years of quality experience in manufacturing industry
- Must have 3+ years of management experience
- Basic computer, MS Office, office equipment skills required.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of current industry standards and tools including proper measurement gaging, Mil-L-45208A, ISO 9001, Total Quality Management and additional quality systems and technology content.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing, quality, and inspection techniques and terminology.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to perform basic math and knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing is preferred.
- Ability to interpret drawings.
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively manage others.
- Ability to provide guidance and training to others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Must be able to pass a thorough background check including a drug screen.
- Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- E-Verify Employer.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Norfolk, VA