ABOUT THE COMPANY
Dante Valve is a family owned company that manufactures valves for military and industrial applications. We have been in business for 60 years and our work is driven by our values of Quality, Responsibility and Service. We offer a competitive salary and opportunity for growth along with excellent benefits including 401(k), profit sharing plan, medical & dental, paid holidays, vacation plan and sick leave. Our employees are our most treasured asset and in addition to offering a generous compensation and benefit package, we work hard to build a culture of caring, respect and appreciation for all that they do.
The CNC Machinist is responsible for using computer controlled machines to fabricate parts from various materials based on blueprints and other instructions. Machine operators will conduct various test functions to ensure the product is made to specifications.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Operate computer numerically controlled (CNC) lathes, mills and other equipment. Includes but not limited to inserting tools, changing tool tips, and setting zero positions.
- Ensure protocol and processes are adhered to at all times during operation.
- Complete routine visual in-process inspections of CNC work product and machine to ensure proper operation and maintenance, notifying facility manager immediately of any issues or concerns during the inspection process.
- Address all machine errors promptly and efficiently, documenting and reporting errors to appropriate facility manager.
- Monitor production and maintain production records as needed, providing information to facility manager as needed.
- Complete manufacturing reports related to machined parts.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow all prescribed safety procedures.
- Assist in other work areas and perform all other related duties, as needed and directed.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work History: 1-3 years of related experience.
- Technical CNC training courses preferred.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of CNC machining terms.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations sufficient to measure parts and perform inspections.
- Ability to work from specific verbal or written instructions and standard operating practices.
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as part of a team.
- Assist in other work areas and perform all other related duties, as needed and directed
- Must be able to pass a thorough background check including a drug screen.
- Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- E-Verify Employer
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Bellflower, CA