Kunkle Safety & Relief Valve Model 537 Certified Valve
Built to support low pressure steam devices, heat exchangers, hot water boilers and hot water generators, the model 537 safety relief valve is made from durable brass and bronze, providing longer life and exceptional durability. This valve serves a dual purpose of relieving overpressure created by thermal expansion under normal “on and off” firing conditions and overpressure in the form of water or steam created in over-firing due to failure of electrical and other controls.
ASME Section IV, Low Pressure Steam and Hot Water Boilers, “HV” National Board Certified Safety Relief Valve
- Extra-heavy construction helps provide long life.
- Top-guided disc assembly incorporates resilient seal in seating area.
- An isolating diaphragm protects working parts from corrosion caused by discharged liquid.
- Pivot between disc and spring designed to correct for misalignment and compensates for spring side thrust.
- This safety relief valve relieves (1) overpressure created by thermal expansion under normal “on” and “off” firing conditions, and (2) water or steam overpressure created in over-firing due to
- failure of electrical or other controls.
- Each Kunkle valve is tested and inspected for pressure setting and leakage.
- Hot water boiler, heat exchangers and generators.
Pressure and Temperature Limits:
- 15 to 160 PSIG
- -20° to 250°F
Please refer to the Kunkle Catalog or Contact Us for additional information.